Who: Andrew Mukamal Site: http://andrewmukamal.com/
1. I cant believe Today's Look is already a year old. If you look back on that year what are your thoughts?? Time fucking FLIES - We really started with a basic concept (1 video a day, 5 days a week, 1 take, 10 Minutes or less) and over the past year have developed a formula and rhythm for each show, the week and our guest schedule. Super excited to see where year 2 will take us.
2. I still remember, the first magazine that made an impression on me as a kid GQ - When I was younger I was SUPER into all the men's magazine's (GQ, Cargo, Details...) and will never forget that shot of Jake Gyllenhaal in a ripped and shrunken pink cable-knit sweater. Was one of the first times I noticed clothing having character in a shot, really giving the whole thing a twisted sexed up vibe.
3. My high school years involved a lot of Driving, Loud Music & Friends
4. Now I get to work with Some incredibly talented and creative people
5. I have a crush on Jon Hamm, going though a serious Mad Men phase right now.
6. I now live in The raddest city in the whole fucking world!
7. People think this of me: OBSESSED with his dogs (and I AM!)
8. Doing what you do you have to see a massive amount of fashion. But you still seem to have a passion for it. What
does that come from?? Studying History. I look at clothes and try to sort out what they mean for this year, decade & moment. Clothing has played a huge role in gender roles and shifts and continues to do so. I'm fascinated by it all, day in & day out.
9. If you could leave us with one thought, what would it be? Making fashion fun again, One look at a time...